Re: [RFC] upstream mcstransd to selinux userspace repo

Eamon Walsh wrote:
The Red Hat RPM lists the mcstrans upstream as fedora.redhat.com, and I
have a personal repo that I used to develop the color support.  Joe Nall
also had a copy hosted at github.org for awhile.

The proposal is to upstream it to the selinux userspace git as a new
top-level directory.

I completely agree that it should be hosted with the other userspace components, to avoid further fracturing. I even started reviewing it a while back:
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&m=121397658603999&w=2

The main problem at the time was that, to do the MLS things it needed to do, it had to duplicate alot of functionality in libsepol, link statically against libsepol and do some pretty intrusive things with libsepol's private structures.

I don't know what the current state is but I'd really prefer a cleaner interface and less duplication of code.