Re: SELinux Policy in OpenSUSE 11.2

On 02/17/2010 11:58 AM, Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 14:37 -0500, Alan Rouse wrote:
Oops.

I'm a bit confused though.  What are the scenarios that trigger an
autorelabel?  I've not had any luck with the -autorelabel kernel boot
parameter, nor with the /.autorelabel flag file.  OTOH sometimes when
I reboot it (apparently) decides to autorelabel.

In Fedora, automatic relabeling is performed by /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.
It is triggered if SELinux is enabled and either:
1) the word "autorelabel" appears as a parameter in the kernel command
line, or
2) a file named "/.autorelabel" exists (in which case the file is then
removed)

The /.autorelabel file is automatically created by rc.sysinit if you
ever boot with SELinux disabled so that a subsequent boot with SELinux
re-enabled will trigger the automatic relabeling as well.

In any event, you can always just run fixfiles -F restore yourself (or
run 'make relabel' from the refpolicy directory).

that's right the daemon.. figured they already had that there.
anyways fixfiles works for now(hopefully).

another thing I'm seeing is
adding a user login to staff_u gives this:
SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed.
(even after adding seusers).

but maybe for now that can be ignored, main thing is
getting this system to load without crashing on dbus
send/receive messages for some reason or another.
(file labels must be out of whack somewhere, or maybe the login
needs to be set right in order for dbus to do it's thing(I don't know
at this point either).

Justin P. Mattock