Re: SELinux Policy in OpenSUSE 11.2

Hello,
I am happy to see someone is working on SELinux for openSUSE.

To make this changes permanent, file the bug and findings in
our bugzilla (https://bugzilla.novell.com) please and put my
address (thomas@xxxxxxxxxx) into the CC list.

If you like to get more control and be more active I encourage
you to join the openSUSE community
(http://en.opensuse.org/How_to_Participate).

We definitely lack skilled SELinux developers! :)

Thanks,
Thomas

Am Mittwoch 17 Februar 2010 08:16:36 schrieb Justin P. mattock:
> o.k. I think I thought too much on the subject
> (I need to stop building systems from scratch
> i.g. all I can think of is/are switches to enable).
>
> Anyways I figured out the problem seems easier
> than I had expected:
>
> with a fresh build of suse 11.2, then
> under yast adding the correct SELinux
> apps/libs, then adjusting grub(in the control
> center thing).
>
> reboot
>
> you hit a broken gdm dbus thing.
>
> under /var/log/gdm/:5-greeter.log
>
> there is an error message with dbus:
>
> Failed to start message bus: Failed to open
> "/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/dbus_contexts": No such file or directory
> EOF in dbus-launch reading address from dbus daemon.
>
> so after reading that then looking at /etc/selinux/refpolicy-standard
> I decided to just cp -R refpolicy-standard targeted(reboot)
> and voila the system boots gdm starts, life is good with suse
> (I guess there not the darkside after all!!).
>
> as for the real problem I'm guessing whatever is telling
> dbus-launch to look for /etc/selinux/targeted
> is the problem.
>
> Alan does just a simple renaming of refpolicy to targeted
> at least get you up and running(if not use suses policy,
> and rename it to targeted, until I can find what dbus launch script is
> calling for that policy name).
>
> Justin P. Mattock
>

> --

 Thomas Biege <thomas@xxxxxxx>, SUSE LINUX, Security Support & Auditing
  Wer aufhoert besser werden zu wollen, hoert auf gut zu sein.
                            -- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach