Re: Type boundaries: questions on the semantics / is the enforcement correct ?

Jacques Thomas wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:

<snip>
</snip>
>> I also think we have one other a rough option.
>> It simply applies type boundaries on only sources to restrict its privileges,
>> and it does not apply any restrictions on target types.
>>

> Unless there is a clear use for bounds on targets, I would favor this
> option. (The "rough" one :-) )
> I see mostly room for confusion with the bounds on target types, because
> of the contravariance issue.

I can write and submit a patch along these lines. The patch is
straightforward: I just have to remove the "dead" code.

However, could someone please indicate me how I am supposed to test the
patch ? In other words, is there a standardized testing procedure that I
am unaware of ?

Thank you,
Jacques