Re: [refpolicy] No rule to make target `/seusers', needed by `tmp/seusers'. Stop.

Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 22:44 -0800, Justin Mattock wrote:
I've hit something confusing to me.
When building a Monolithic policy everything
goes good. But as soon as I build a binary I hit this:

m4 -D distro_redhat -D enable_ubac -D mls_num_sens=16 -D
mls_num_cats=256 -D mcs_num_cats=256 -D hide_broken_symptoms -D
users_extra support/divert.m4 policy/support/file_patterns.spt
policy/support/ipc_patterns.spt policy/support/loadable_module.spt
policy/support/misc_macros.spt policy/support/misc_patterns.spt
policy/support/mls_mcs_macros.spt policy/support/obj_perm_sets.spt
support/undivert.m4 policy/users | \
                 sed -r -n -e 's/^[[:blank:]]*//g' -e '/^user/p'>
tmp/users_extra
make: *** No rule to make target `/seusers', needed by `tmp/seusers'.  Stop.

I've looked at the Makefile to make sure
I didn't forget anything(python,sed,awk,m4,flex)
but still can't seem to figure out what I'm missing
to have the policy compile the modules correctly.

Keep in mind I don't want to wast any of your guy's time,
so any quick hints are appreciated.

I can't reproduce this.  My guess is that either your policy sources are
corrupt or the seusers makefile variable is being changed somehow, eg.
by environmental variables.

once again I find myself in a situation in of
which I can't comprehend(the enjoyment of
developing).

I think I'm missing a package, or built
a package without a certain package to
do this correctly. positive side is I'm able to
have monolithic build correctly.

At this point I'll just keep with monolithic on this machine,
and have binary on another machine so I can spend more time
at this problem.(and to think I figured "oh yeah
should be no problem with binary").

Justin P. Mattock