Re: pam_namespace context inside of name.inst

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 08:14:16AM -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> Dominick Grift wrote:
> >On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 11:12:20PM -0700, Justin Mattock wrote:
> >>I'm going crazy over here trying to figure
> >>out how one system created a context inside
> >>name.inst one way and another for the other system:
> >>
> >>the first system has inside of
> >>name.inst:
> >>system_u:object_r:file_t_name
> >
> >This is wrong because the fs wasnt labelled properly
> That's what I figured,(this is the system that I did not label
> before turning on namespace).
> >>and on the other system I have:
> >>
> >>name:object_r:user_home_dir_t_name
> >
> >This is right
> This is from the system that was labeled before turning on namespace.
> >>the only difference with the machines is one machine
> >>had not been labeled yet, before turning on namespace.
> >>
> >>what should be the right context directory inside of
> >>name.inst?
> >
> >Depends, i think theres 3 different possibilities (not sure)
> >
> >first theres only name (no selinux) which create a dir with the user name
> >second is context which create a dir with the context of the usre home dir (user_home_dir_t and appends the user name
> >third is level , which creates a dir with the context of the user home dir and appends the username and also appends the level of the dir.
> >
> >>--
> >>Justin P. Mattock
> >>
> >>--
> So either you can use(name,context,level) or (meth=1,2,3)?
> (I'm wondering if this is all I need to configure)

This is what i use in /etc/security/namespace.conf:

/tmp     /tmp-inst/             level      root,adm
/var/tmp /var/tmp-inst/         level      root,adm
$HOME    $HOME/$USER.inst/     level    root,adm

Besides that you would add entries to the related logins in /etc/pam.d/

For example:
session    required    pam_namespace.so

These entries are often already there.

And you need to set the boolean:
allow_polyinstantiation --> on

Also chmod -R 000 /tmp-inst (and /var/tmp-inst)
And make sure the have proper labelling:
[root@notebook3 pam.d]# /usr/sbin/semanage fcontext -l | grep tmp-inst
/tmp-inst                                          directory          system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0
/tmp-inst/.*                                       all files          <<None>>
/tmp-inst/\.ICE-unix                               directory          system_u:object_r:xdm_tmp_t:s0
/tmp-inst/\.ICE-unix/.*                            socket             <<None>>
/tmp-inst/\.X0-lock                                all files          system_u:object_r:xserver_tmp_t:s0
/tmp-inst/\.X11-unix                               directory          system_u:object_r:xdm_tmp_t:s0
/tmp-inst/\.X11-unix/.*                            socket             <<None>>
/tmp-inst/\.font-unix(/.*)?                        all files          system_u:object_r:xfs_tmp_t:s0
/var/tmp-inst                                      directory          system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0

After that , the rest should go automaticly. You do not have to manually create /home/joe/joe.inst ( usually this is done for you, and same goes for stuff under there plus stuff under /tmp-inst and /tmp-inst.

If however joe.inst is not automatically created on login , than do it manually. also do chmod -R 000 on it and make sure its context is user_home_dir_t.

> Anyways what's getting me is after the initial loading
> of namespace, the directory is created with the context
> (namespace.conf is set to it's default).
> Then after wards I haven't found a way to change that directory
> (besides using mv, or cp)from what it is(*file_t) to
> the correct context(*home_dir_t)
>
> if I delete that directory, then logout/in namespace does not
> create another. Is there a way to reset namespace and start fresh
> since I messed up and turned on namespace before labeling my filesystem,
> causing it to somehow be stuck with the wrong labeled context?

It should create a new one automatically...