Re: best way to comile userspace to use lib64 for x86_64

Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 11:21 -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
Dennis Wronka wrote:
This can be quite hard at times. For most packages you can use --libdir with
configure, but some packages still want to put their stuff into /lib or /usr/lib
OpenSSL for example seems to require quite a few edits in the Makefiles.

Here's what I have to "rape" OpenSSL into installing into /usr/lib64

if [ "$(uname -a | grep x86_64)" != "" ]; then
	for FILE in $(find . -name Makefile); do
		sed -i 's@$(INSTALLTOP)/lib@&64@g' ${FILE}
		sed -i 's@$${exec_prefix}/lib@&64@g' ${FILE}
	done
fi

Btw, if you compile a pure 64-bit system I suggest simply linking /lib to
/lib64 and /usr/lib to /usr/lib64
Saves you lots of headaches with misplaced stuff...

As an experimanet I'm building an x86_64 system, in doing so
I'm noticing I need to have the libs point to /lib64 and /usr/lib64
what is the easiest way to do this for the
userspace from git. looking at the Makefiles seems a bit confusing,
using LIBDIR=/lib64 does make /usr/lib64 but does not  make /lib64.

any ideas?

Justin P. Mattock

Cool thanks,
The linking to lib like what you had said
is probably the best bet(noticed ubuntu does that,
but fedora does not) especially with the file relabeling.
(unless the file relabeling is already aware of lib64's).

The file contexts configuration already includes patterns that cover
lib64 or lib variants.

Cool, glad to hear that..

At the moment SELinux userspace tools/libs should be
in its appropriate location. Now its a matter of just building
the rest of the libs/apps to make the system boot(hopefully).

Justin P. Mattock