Re: Help with SELinux policy for Usability Study

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 22:24 +0800, Cliffe wrote:
> It adds the permissive line to both (I am not sure why kwrite seemed
> to be in enforcing mode). But the gui does not make this clear. I have
> mentioned this to the fedora-selinux mailing list.

Perhaps kwrite isn't actually running in kwrite_t at all.  Note that kde
has historically had a problem with launching all applications via a
single kde-init program, thereby preventing automatic domain transitions
on the specific application from working.  Not sure if that has been
fixed.  I don't use KDE.

> None there. It turns out they were in /var/log/messages
>
> so
> grep kwrite /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow >> kwrite.te
> did the trick. It is strange that some AVCs go to /var/log/messages
> while others goto
> /var/log/audit/audit.log

That seems like a bug to me in dbus.

Again, I'd suggest that you also include SLIDE in your study - it will
add a further data point and is a more flexible solution, even if it may
be slightly harder to get started.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency