adding human understandable, and translatable description support to selinux

I'm currently working on improving the gui tools for managing selinux(the ones that ship with fedora). One of the things that has already come up is a need for more plain English descriptions of various policy components. Currently this capability exists in the policy.xml for booleans however this file is not rebuilt at policy compile time so changes and even the installation of modules is not reflected in this. I'd like to propose that a documentation section be added to each policy directory, "/etc/selinux/<policyname>/docs/". This would contain locale specific documentation files that would store information in key-value pairs. ie: {users.guest_u:"A guest user who can only (etc)"}. An interface to this store would be built for libselinux and support for setting and getting documentation would be added to some of the command line tools or given it's own tool. Additionally a method would need to be created for policy authors to define descriptions in there policy (similar to
 the policy.xml method)
Before I get started on this I wanted to see what the general opinion on both the need and the best implementation would be. So what do you guys think?

Christopher Pardy <cpardy@xxxxxxxxxx>