Re: [Patch 0/2] libsemanage: remember and retrieve dontaudit settings

On 07/02/2009 08:33 AM, Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 22:08 -0400, Christopher Pardy wrote:

This is a heavily modified version of the patch I recently submitted. It
provides 3 new functions: in libsepol sepol_get_disable_dontaudit; in
libsemanage semanage_get_disable_dontaudit; in libselinux
is_dontaudit_disabled. It also fixes issues with the previous patch.

The justification for this patch is the same as the one I posted
earlier. Simply, there is currently no way to know if dontaudit rules
are  enabled. Additionally once don't audit rules are turned they turn
themselves off after policy rebuild (is that the desired functionality?)

semodule -DB should still strip dontaudit rules from the policy, and
semodule -B should still restore them.  The only thing that should
change IIUC is that semodule -DB should persist across any other
semodule or semanage operations other than semodule -B.

See Dan Walsh's patch to policycoreutils for this functionality. I need the functionality I'm creating with this persistence in some gui work I'm doing and I believe it's much more intuitive if things stay turned off till they're turned back on.

This patch provides  a way to check on both the current and pending
state of the dontaudit rules and it maintains this state between policy
rebuilds.

Signed-off-by Christopher Pardy <cpardy@xxxxxxxxxx>