Re: Re:[Patch 0/2] libsemanage: remember and retrieve dontaudit settings

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 22:08 -0400, Christopher Pardy wrote:
> This is a heavily modified version of the patch I recently submitted. It
> provides 3 new functions: in libsepol sepol_get_disable_dontaudit; in
> libsemanage semanage_get_disable_dontaudit; in libselinux
> is_dontaudit_disabled. It also fixes issues with the previous patch.
>
> The justification for this patch is the same as the one I posted
> earlier. Simply, there is currently no way to know if dontaudit rules
> are  enabled. Additionally once don't audit rules are turned they turn
> themselves off after policy rebuild (is that the desired functionality?)

semodule -DB should still strip dontaudit rules from the policy, and
semodule -B should still restore them.  The only thing that should
change IIUC is that semodule -DB should persist across any other
semodule or semanage operations other than semodule -B.

> This patch provides  a way to check on both the current and pending
> state of the dontaudit rules and it maintains this state between policy
> rebuilds.
>
> Signed-off-by Christopher Pardy <cpardy@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> --
Stephen Smalley