Re: The problem with TUN/TAP devices

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Paul Moore wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 July 2009 06:42:36 pm James Morris wrote:
> > On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Paul Moore wrote:
> > > Well, if we can't do it in sk_alloc() then I think we are stuck with a
> > > new hook; which just seems wrong.
> >
> > Why isn't the TUN driver calling the same code as other socket creating
> > code?
>
> The other socket creating code handles the final setup/initialization in the
> security_socket_post_create() hook which operates on sockets not socks.

I wonder if passing a flag might be better than the prot argument, which
allows the caller to indicate what kind of initialization it's doing,
rather than what will be seen as another protocol layering violation (i.e.
the security model poking around to find out what kind of protocol &
changing its behaviour).

- James
--
James Morris