Re: does this picture reflect the basics of the current selinux architecture?

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 13:03 +0200, Sebastian Pfaff wrote:
> hello,
>
> i created a picture about the selinux architecture some weeks ago, atm
> i'm not sure if everything is right within this picture. it would be
> nice, when someone could give me some proposals on how to improve /
> change / correct the picture. until now i found several pictures in
> papers (for example in USENIX papers) and magazines, but most of them
> differ slightly so i don't know which is right. Some of them are very
> old, so i don't know if i can trust them.
>
> I know that "my" picture doesn't show everything, the intention is to
> only show the basics.
>
> If you need additional please let me know. Any help is greatly
> appreciated. tnx in advance.
>
> LINK TO PICTURE:
>
> http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OR3mMHaW6Iw/SgP9K42jAVI/AAAAAAAAAAU/i-bFA7iNkOA/s1600-h/sel_1_eng.png

- Remove "user" as you suggest, as it incorrectly suggests that SELinux
operates at per-user granularity like DAC.

- Yes, SELinux runs as a security module in the address space of the
kernel.

- The policy is simply configuration data loaded into the security
server.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency