Re: policy development library documentation

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 11:14 -0400, Mark Webb wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am interested in writing a tool that will open and process a policy
> file.  I was looking around and was unable to determine the proper
> libraries to do this as most of the tools are written in python and
> the libs are written in C, so tracing is a little more difficult.  I
> would like to write this tool in C.
>
> So my question is; where can I find documentation on the libraries
> that would do this work?  I have the source code for the setools
> project, and do not see much for documentation of the functions.

libsepol contains what you need to load a policy file and manipulate it.
It is unfortunately rather lacking in documentation.

libsepol was originally created by taking the core logic from
checkpolicy and moving it into a library so that it could be re-used by
other programs.  Since that time, a number of the policy analysis tools
have migrated to using libsepol as well, at least for processing the
binary policy.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency