Re: xine_init() causes segfault in libselinux

Vikram Noel Ambrose wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I've managed to find a repeatable segfault scenario with some very basic libxine code.

libxine if anyone doesnt know is a very popular audio backend for many userspace applications in KDE and Gnome.

Here is the code: http://en.pastebin.ca/1376316

The code basically opens a file stream with no Audio or Video drivers, and just reads the meta data from the file (title information), and then quits.

A gdb backtrace and valgrind have led me to believe there is a fault in libselinux.

Though this could very possibly be a fault in libxine, I'd have thought libselinux would be more resilient to such issues. Especially since glibc didnt complain.

If you would like to run this test code, simply install xine-lib-devel and then compile the test program.

$ gcc -lxine -g test.c
$ ./a.out

I'm using an up-to-date FC10 x86_64 installation. 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64

I can't reproduce this on an x86 F10 install with either the latest libselinux or trunk libselinux. Can you try installing a libselinux from trunk with DEBUG=1 make flag so the backtrace will give more information?