Re: xine_init() causes segfault in libselinux

On 03/29/2009 08:01 PM, Vikram Noel Ambrose wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I've managed to find a repeatable segfault scenario with some very basic
libxine code.

libxine if anyone doesnt know is a very popular audio backend for many
userspace applications in KDE and Gnome.

Here is the code: http://en.pastebin.ca/1376316

The code basically opens a file stream with no Audio or Video drivers,
and just reads the meta data from the file (title information), and then
quits.

A gdb backtrace and valgrind have led me to believe there is a fault in
libselinux.

Though this could very possibly be a fault in libxine, I'd have thought
libselinux would be more resilient to such issues. Especially since
glibc didnt complain.

If you would like to run this test code, simply install xine-lib-devel
and then compile the test program.

$ gcc -lxine -g test.c
$ ./a.out

I'm using an up-to-date FC10 x86_64 installation.
2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.x86_64

Vikram

This is most likely a problem with libxine. SELinux uses a constructor/destructor when the library is loaded that allocates and frees memory. If the app that loads SELinux corrupts this memory for some reason, the SELinux destructor will segfault. Similar bugs have been reported against libselinux, and all have been the fault of the calling app/library so far.