Re: questions

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Russell Coker <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Shaz <shazalive@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been trying some of the SELinux packages from the repos but can't
> even enable it on boot! I wanted to have multiple platform experience
> although I am pretty easy with FC8. Next I will try Gentoo.

Which distributions did you try?

Just FC6 and FC8. Then went embedded with Debian derivatives. The dependencies are a bit difficult to handle when working on different layers of the software stack with different requirements. I am working on busybox at the moment to get things started. I am using Willis' GSoC work and taking ahead. It has policy19 while I am interested in policy21. Will that be a problem?

Debian/Lenny should work well if you follow my instructions:
http://doc.coker.com.au/computers/installing-se-linux-on-lenny/

I studied some of your initial work for Debian and I am just going to read the above and update accordingly. The earlier work was helpful to understand all the things put together ... integration. Has anyone tried the IBM SELinux from scratch tutorial. I assigned an internee to check it. Will it be useful?

I am arranging a team who will maintain documentation and code for Debian derivatives for ARMel. That should help the rest of us :)

> I am also working on getting SELinux enabled in some of our mobile devices
> so if there is any useful public domain work then please indicate it.

In the past I did some work on getting it running on Familiar on the iPaQ
platform (ARM).  But when SE Linux migrated to XATTRs that was broken because
JFFS2 didn't have XATTR support.  Recently XATTR support has been written, so
it should be possible to get it going.

The userspace support gives me problem because of the dependencies but it should be getting fine in a few days. If the userspace had been autoconficated then things would have been easy. Sometime ago someone at some place identified autotools support for this purpose. I was looking for it to try it. Has anyone tried it? The principal who submitted it was not very friendly and at that time I was busy with learning policy models and how they are being converged with SELinux infra.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog

--