Significance of the level on a port configuration

Can someone give me a quick overview of the significance (i.e., the MLS behavior) of the port level for SELinux.

I am attempting to have two connection from untrusted hosts that are statically labeled (with netlabelctl) one at high (s0) and one at low (s1). Both connections will be made over the same port number. The service accepting the connections runs at SystemHigh on Fedora 9 with MLS policy. What difference does the level of the port make ? Assume all TE rules are satisfied for the context of my question.

Thanks,

Andy