Re: PAM, GNOME, etc

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 17:49 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> Currently the gdm package in Debian has some degree of SE Linux support (I
> haven't yet read the source to see what it does).  However it seems that the
> pam_selinux.so module is required and that it can't be the last module
> (previously I just appended a line to the pam configuration).
>
> session required pam_selinux.so
> session optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
>
> The above is part of my /etc/pam.d/gdm file.  The SE Linux module needs to be
> run before the pam_gnome_keyring.so module so that the daemon it spawns for
> the user will get the correct context.
>
> It seems that we have three broad classes of session modules.  Those which
> launch no child processes, those which launch system processes (EG automatic
> home directory creation), and those which launch user processes (such as a
> GNOME keyring).
>
> Dan, what are you guys doing in Fedora in this regard?  Are you integrating SE
> Linux support manually in every pam.d file to make sure you get it right?  It
> seems that any automatic method (such as just appending a line to every one
> of a set of files) is not going to work.

I think they are manually set up and maintained by the package
maintainers, e.g. the gdm source package has a gdm-pam file that already
contains this sequence for session modules:

session    required    pam_selinux.so close
session    required    pam_loginuid.so
session    optional    pam_console.so
session    required    pam_selinux.so open
session    optional    pam_keyinit.so force revoke
session    required    pam_namespace.so
session    optional    pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
session    include     system-auth

and the openssh source package has a sshd.pam file that looks like this:
# pam_selinux.so close should be the first session rule
session    required     pam_selinux.so close
session    required     pam_loginuid.so
# pam_selinux.so open should only be followed by sessions to be executed in the user context
session    required     pam_selinux.so open env_params

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency