PAM, GNOME, etc

Currently the gdm package in Debian has some degree of SE Linux support (I
haven't yet read the source to see what it does).  However it seems that the
pam_selinux.so module is required and that it can't be the last module
(previously I just appended a line to the pam configuration).

session required pam_selinux.so
session optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start

The above is part of my /etc/pam.d/gdm file.  The SE Linux module needs to be
run before the pam_gnome_keyring.so module so that the daemon it spawns for
the user will get the correct context.

It seems that we have three broad classes of session modules.  Those which
launch no child processes, those which launch system processes (EG automatic
home directory creation), and those which launch user processes (such as a
GNOME keyring).

Dan, what are you guys doing in Fedora in this regard?  Are you integrating SE
Linux support manually in every pam.d file to make sure you get it right?  It
seems that any automatic method (such as just appending a line to every one
of a set of files) is not going to work.

Or have you patched a bunch of PAM modules to call setexeccon(NULL) before
they call exec()?

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog