Re: sysvinit doesnt see libselinux/libsepol (LFS system);

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Russell Coker <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The issue I have is using dpkg/or apt-get already has the right
>> patch applied and init already compiled in, in accordance to the distro.
>
> If you take the original source plus the Debian patch and use it in place of
> the original source for your LFS build then it should be fine.

I took the original source from the debian sid site + 40_selinux.patch
and saw no signs of loading a policy.
heres the location of the patch:
http://patch-tracking.debian.net/package/sysvinit/2.86.ds1-61
maybe I should add some more patches besides 40_selinux.

>> doing a (LFS) tutorial, under the documentation
>> has me building everything from the source.
>> (a lot of work, but worth the learning experience);
>
> It's also a learning experience to contribute to the integration of SE Linux
> in a major distribution such as Debian, Gentoo, or Fedora.  I think that in
> the long run there would be more benefits to both you personally and the
> community if you were to contribute to one of these projects.  I suggest that
> you choose Debian, but I admit to being biased in this regard.  ;)

Well I did a debootstrap installation a few days ago, but then
said to myself how do I do all the stuff that debootstrap does.
then one thing led to the next, weeks later and here I am.
as a side note:
one of the main goals right
(as a test) is to see what happens to the system when one
atomically sync's all the libs/apps to the processor using
CFLAGS etc..(curious to see the performance as well as
any kind of bug fixes);

>> In any case, I suppose I can just copy /sbin/init from an existing
>> debian system but, then I might have issues with the
>> arch being different.
>
> No, that should work.

to my amazement it did work
(I compile sysv normally on the new system then just copied
init from a running debian to the new system).

on the other hand I'm seeing other issues at the moment besides init:
I dont have any file labels i.g. ls -Z shows:(/bin as an example)

drwxr-xr-x  2  root root ?  4096 Feb 16 22:38 bin
that question mark is on all files.
if I do a id -Z
id: --context (-Z) works only on a SELinux-enabled kernel
(keep in mind I still have to configure my /etc/ group/passwd
files, so this might have something to do with it);

> --
> russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog
> http://doc.coker.com.au/           My Documents Blog

Overall SELinux does load and there are avc being generated.
I think I just need to start from the beginning and make sure things
are proper.

--
Justin P. Mattock