Re: sysvinit doesnt see libselinux/libsepol (LFS system);

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Russell Coker <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm in the process of creating a linux from scratch system.
>> when looking at:
>> ldd /sbin/init
>> I dont see any info on
>> libselinux or libsepol.
> [...]
>> Is there a clean patch for sysvinit_2.86.ds1.orig.tar.gz
>> (I just grabbed any sysvinit from either deb/or ubuntu);
>> or even better, a sysvinit(version) that has a built-in command like
>> xserver does(--enable-selinux);
>> appreciate the time.
>
> # ldd /sbin/init |grep selin
>        libselinux.so.1 => /lib/libselinux.so.1 (0xb7f3f000)

this is what I always check for in any installation I do.
this time I get nothing.

> The above is from a stock Debian/Lenny system.  The patch (.diff.gz file) for
> that will have the SE Linux code you need.

yeah it looks like there is no code with the package that I have
 to make the policy load.
(need to patch the package);

> Incidentally the Debian patch in question is version 61.  I suspect that some
> of those 61 releases have other code that you might desire.  So I suggest
> that even disregarding the fact that the SE Linux code you require is in the
> diff, it's something you would want anyway.

I'm not sure(brain is fried from unpackaging/compilling packages all-day);

> Also let's keep the issues of the X server and init entirely separate.  The
> part of your message which referenced X confused me.  When you do tackle the
> X issue (after you have solved your init problem) please make sure to include
> the relevant part of the "ps axZ" output.

I will as soon as I get things configured.
As for the X server I just was using that as an example for a config
option that it has for selinux for sysv

>> but results in an unable to sync error when there is no
>> policy present
>
> That sounds like you have SELINUX=enforcing in /etc/selinux/config.  Try
> SELINUX=permissive until you have things working reasonably well.

I think that's what happened..
I'll try it again,and see if this was the mistake.

> --
> russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog
> http://doc.coker.com.au/           My Documents Blog

Thanks for the info.
I have a look at my init to make sure things
are in order. Then Ill post ps auxZ for you.

regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock