Re: sysvinit doesnt see libselinux/libsepol (LFS system);

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm in the process of creating a linux from scratch system.
> when looking at:
> ldd /sbin/init
> I dont see any info on
> libselinux or libsepol.
[...]
> Is there a clean patch for sysvinit_2.86.ds1.orig.tar.gz
> (I just grabbed any sysvinit from either deb/or ubuntu);
> or even better, a sysvinit(version) that has a built-in command like
> xserver does(--enable-selinux);
> appreciate the time.

# ldd /sbin/init |grep selin
        libselinux.so.1 => /lib/libselinux.so.1 (0xb7f3f000)

The above is from a stock Debian/Lenny system.  The patch (.diff.gz file) for
that will have the SE Linux code you need.

Incidentally the Debian patch in question is version 61.  I suspect that some
of those 61 releases have other code that you might desire.  So I suggest
that even disregarding the fact that the SE Linux code you require is in the
diff, it's something you would want anyway.

Also let's keep the issues of the X server and init entirely separate.  The
part of your message which referenced X confused me.  When you do tackle the
X issue (after you have solved your init problem) please make sure to include
the relevant part of the "ps axZ" output.

> but results in an unable to sync error when there is no
> policy present

That sounds like you have SELINUX=enforcing in /etc/selinux/config.  Try
SELINUX=permissive until you have things working reasonably well.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog