Question about su

As I am working again on adjusting the reference policy to my distro I have
run into a problem with su that raised the following question:

What use is su if a normal user after running su is still user_u:user_r:user_t
and thus has no permissions to do stuff?

Sure, he's root, but as because of SELinux that alone isn't worth much, as
being user_u still limits the user's options pretty much.

Is there anything I misunderstand here? I don't think there should be an
automtic transition from user_r to sysadm_r, and newrole-ing this doesn't work
as user_u doesn't have the sysadmin-role.

So, what the heck is the use of su on a SELinux-system?

To give you a little overview on what I am trying to do here with my system:
I have configured the policy to be MLS, thus split up powers to different
roles.
root can compile a new policy in sysadm_r, but needs to be secadm_r to load
it.
Regular users can compile stuff, root can't (at least not as sysadm_r, I might
enable this for staff_r and then require sysadm_r to the install-process).

But for now the problem really is that su to me seems pretty useless right
now.

Thanks and best regards,
Dennis