odd policy behavior

I have an app that wasn't working in enforcing but there are no AVCs.
So I did 'semodule -DB' to see if there were any dontaudit denials and
restarted the app. The problem is that the app then ran fine. So I
tried load_policy which had no affect and 'semodule -B' which makes it
work. Any ideas what could be happening? I've verified with 'semodule
--list' that the module is loaded prior to doing the 'semodule -B'.

Ted