Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:36:22 -0500 (EST)
From: Bruce Momjian <bruce@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: PostgreSQL-announce <pgsql-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Need help on possible PG 8.4 security features

The PostgreSQL community is considering including security enhancements
in Postgres 8.4, e.g. row-level permissions and SE-Linux security.
However, to evaluate the patch and its usefulness, we need security
experts who want to use this capability or have used it in other
databases.

The most recent version of the patch is mentioned here:

	http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-01/msg01680.php

Particularly interesting is the documentation patch:

	http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-docs-8.4devel-3-r1460.patch

If you know someone who is interested in these features or can help in
discussing them, please have them subscribe to pgsql-hackers here:

	http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe

Email discussion about this topic will start on Wednesday, January 28,
at 12:00 GMT, and will include the subject text "SE-PostgreSQL".

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@xxxxxxxxxx>        http://momjian.us