Re: Base module, modules.conf

Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 20:23 +0100, Dominick Grift wrote:
On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 14:03 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:

You need to first obtain a policy source tree as your starting point.
If you want to minimize your divergence from the distro-shipped policy,
then download the selinux-policy source RPM (.src.rpm) for your distro,
expand it, and then customize as desired and rebuild it (Dan - is there
a recipe documented somewhere for doing that?).
I have created a screen cast that focuses on just that. However, the
file is 200MB and i do not have the ability to host it.

I just meant writing down the sequence of commands to set up a buildable
policy source tree from the .src.rpm.  Screencast seems a bit overkill
for that - it really ought to just be part of the Fedora SELinux FAQ or
Guide IMHO.

Here's what works for me to tweak the policy on a Fedora 8 system.

Make sure you have the latest policy package (otherwise, you might not be able to get it in source version):
  yum update
  yum install selinux-policy-targeted

Figure out the version of the rpm:
  rpm -qa | grep selinux-policy-targeted

Get the corresponding source rpm:
  yumdownloader --source `rpm -qa | grep policy-targeted`

Voila! The source rpm is in your current directory.

From there on, regular instructions for rebuilding rpms apply. The following is a short tutorial.
  http://www.hacktux.com/fedora/source/rpm

HTH,
Jacques