Re: Alternative location of policy files

Justin P. Mattock wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:
Tim wrote:
Hello all,

I was wondering, how can I change default location of SELinux policy
from /etc/selinux/_policyname_ to some other path?
What source codes should be modified for that?

The reason to do that are:
- I want to work with loadable policy modules --> that requires
/etc/selinux/_policyname_ directory to be writable.
- limitation of my filesystem having /etc directory (it is read-only filesystem) - unfortunately, I can not mount /etc into some other writable filesystem

Perhaps you could mount /etc/selinux/_policyname_ rather than /etc from a writeable filesystem?

Paul.
cy

This is confusing to me:
it sounds like there not trying to mount
SELinux, but have the policy load
in a different location other than
/etc/selinux/*

regards;

Justin P. Mattock

On second thought  from what  it  sounds,
to have SELinux be read in another location,
you would have to locate in
libselinux the location from where the library is
told to read the the policy, and simple just change the location,
but then you might have to change the kernel, all the libraries,
all apps, etc.. that read /etc/selinux/*
maybe a simple change of /etc/selinux/config
seems simpler. rather than going through
lines of code.
Anyways,
"Merry christmas"

regards;