Re: Re: Genfscon and cramfs issue

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 23:26 +0000, korkishko Tymur wrote:
> According to my understanding, on the step of creating cramfs image, all files that will go into that image are analyzed by mkcramfs software.
> If identical files are found, only single copy of the file is
> compressed and preserved in the image.

I suspect that mkcramfs is responsible for creating the two links as
hard links to the same inode when it creates the image.  So I would
suggest looking into mkcramfs and see if you can modify it or invoke it
with options to not hard link the files you want to keep separate.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency