Re: typebounds lookup from userspace

Eamon Walsh wrote:
KaiGai Kohei wrote:
Joshua Brindle wrote:
For symbol labeling purposes for policy access control we need to be able
 > to look up symbol hierarchy relationships. I expect we'll do this by exporting
 > the symbol hierarchy via selinuxfs. Does anyone have suggestions on what that
 > should look like? Do we want to export additional information on the symbols
 > at the same time?

I noticed that userspace object manager also need an interface to get metadata
of types to support permissive domain. Currently, we don't have any interface
to know what domain should be handled as permissive domain.

If "/selinux/access" can return the 6th value to show whether the given query
should be handled as permissive domain or not, it helps userspace object managers.
Why does a userspace object manager need to know if a domain is marked
permissive?  That should be hidden behind security_compute_av().

Whoops, nevermind.

I looked at the patches and they seem reasonable, but there may be a
compatibility issue with the extra flags thing.  What happens if
libselinux expects it but it's not there?

If a binary with libselinux assumes the current av_decision structure
without "flags" member, the newer libselinux set flag bits out of the
current av_decision. It may receive -SIGSEGV. Oops.

One idea is to add a new interface without modification of av_decision, like:

  security_compute_av_flags(....,
                            struct av_decision *avd,
                            unsigned long flags);

Also minor nit, making the flags structure field into a bitmap would
eliminate the need for a #define, i.e.   "unsigned long permissive:1"

If we keep the definition of av_decision, the #define is also necessary.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>