Re: typebounds lookup from userspace

Eamon Walsh wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>
>> Joshua Brindle wrote:
>>

>>> For symbol labeling purposes for policy access control we need to be able
>>>

>>  > to look up symbol hierarchy relationships. I expect we'll do this by exporting
>>  > the symbol hierarchy via selinuxfs. Does anyone have suggestions on what that
>>  > should look like? Do we want to export additional information on the symbols
>>  > at the same time?
>>
>> I noticed that userspace object manager also need an interface to get metadata
>> of types to support permissive domain. Currently, we don't have any interface
>> to know what domain should be handled as permissive domain.
>>
>> If "/selinux/access" can return the 6th value to show whether the given query
>> should be handled as permissive domain or not, it helps userspace object managers.
>>

> Why does a userspace object manager need to know if a domain is marked
> permissive?  That should be hidden behind security_compute_av().

Whoops, nevermind.

I looked at the patches and they seem reasonable, but there may be a
compatibility issue with the extra flags thing.  What happens if
libselinux expects it but it's not there?

Also minor nit, making the flags structure field into a bitmap would
eliminate the need for a #define, i.e.   "unsigned long permissive:1"

--
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
National Security Agency