Re: [autotools] libselinux build system comments

Vikram Noel Ambrose wrote:
> Jason Tang wrote:
>> From: Vikram Noel Ambrose [mailto:noel.ambrose@xxxxxxxxx]

>>> What does that mean?
>>>

>> libselinux and libsepol should be installed to /lib (or /lib64).  The
>> reason is because /usr/lib may be on a different filesystem, but /lib
>> (and /lib64) is nearly guaranteed to be available by the time the
>> system will load the SELinux policy.
>>

> And ./configure --libdir=/lib64. doesnt solve this?

./configure (with no flags) must default to:

/lib/libsepol.so.1
/lib/libselinux.so.1
/lib/libsemanage.so.1

/usr/lib/libselinux.a
/usr/lib/libsepol.a
/usr/lib/libsemanage.a

/sbin/fixfiles
/sbin/setfiles

/etc/selinux for conf dir
/etc/pam.d for pam files

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ for all python wrappers and files

/usr/(s)?bin for utilities

...etc...

This is not optional. I'm not going to switch to a build system under everyone that requires flags to work the way it has always worked. Those who want non-standard configurations are those required to set flags. lib64 should probably be substituted for lib on 64 bit builds.