Re: [autotools] libselinux build system comments

Jason Tang wrote:
4. libselinux is being installed to $(LIBDIR).  In this case, it should default to the system library.

What does that mean?

5. The SWIG and Python detection routines in configure.ac do not seem to work for my system (Debian/stable).

Could you pastebin your config.log from that box

7. There is no definition for the variable abs_top_srcdir in src/Makefile.am.

Thats built in. You dont need to define it. Have a look at the resulting Makefile

8. By default, the libselinux configuration file is written to $(SYSCONFDIR), but selinux_config.c has the path /etc/selinux hardcoded.  (N.b. the missing "selinux" subdirectory for the former path.)

How is that a problem? I have voiced my concerns over these hard coded paths on many occasions. I personally feel the SELinux userspace is a complete disaster and needs to be rewritten, and that is my motivation for doing the first step, ie build system.

Just build with ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc/selinux

For issues one through four, see my related notes on libsepol.

For issue five, why not use the swig_python (and related) package at http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/swig_python.html?  It seems to work well for SETools.

will check it out.

Thanks Jason for the thorough look at the autotools branch. I'll hack away at it slowly.

Vikram