Re: semodule -i error

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 16:03 +0530, shaunak saha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When i m trying to install a module using semodule -i <name of the
> module> i m geting the following error:
>
> libsepol.print_missing_requirements: dbus_rpc_example_server's global
> requirements were not met: type/attribute resmgrd_var_run_t

So your module has a require on that type (presumably by using an
interface that depends on it), and you don't have that type defined in
your policy.

> libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Link packages failed
> semodule:  Failed!
>
> Also when i do "semodule -l" i could not see any module resmgr.

So that's the problem - you didn't install it?  Or you didn't include it
in your base?

> I m actually trying to insert a new class gconf (making gconf-daemon
> an userspace object manager).
> For this i have downloaded the refpolicy
>
> refpolicy-20080702.tar.bz2 from
> http://oss.tresys.com/projects/refpolicy/wiki/DownloadRelease and
> installed it.
>
> Then from  /etc/selinux/refpolicy/src/policy/policy/flask directory i
> m editing the security_classes and access_vectors files to add my new
> gconf class and permissions, then rebuilding and installing the
> policy.
> The whenever i m giving the class gconf in my module .te file and
> trying to install it i m getting this error.I guess i m missing
> something.PLease help.

I think we'd have to see your module .te file.
And maybe your modules.conf.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency