Re: [patch] selinux: simplify ioctl checking, SELinux enhancements in 2.6.26

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Stephen Smalley wrote:

> > > changes, I'll wait until they hit mainline before updating the test
> > > case, although that will break the test on older kernels.
> >
> > Would you like to revisit the Reference Policy test cases for SELinux in
> > LTP after the following changes in SELinux in 2.6.26 kernel:
> >
> > * Create new open permission,
> > * Introduce permissive types,
> > * Remove redundant exports,
> > * Use new audit hooks, remove redundant exports,
>
> I've added Eric Paris and James Morris to the cc as they are
> co-maintainers of the SELinux kernel code and since Eric implemented the
> new open permission and permissive types support.  One potential
> stumbling block there is that both features require a correspondingly
> updated policy toolchain and base policy configuration in order to
> effectively leverage them.  Any tests would have to be conditional on
> not only the kernel version but also the userland and base policy in
> place.

Added an item to the TODO list at

http://selinuxproject.org/page/Kernel_Development

Also cc'd the SELinux mailing list, where all such emails should go so
that we have a record of the discussion and so that others can
participate.

- James
--
James Morris