Re: user_identify for httpd (warning: newbie question)

The subject should be "user_identity", and sorry for top posting.

Murray McAllister wrote:
Hi,

On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (policy-targeted), I run my main user account as "user_u:system_r:unconfined_t". When I do a "sudo service httpd start", httpd runs as "user_u:system_r:httpd_t".

On Fedora 9 (policy-targeted), I run my main user account as "unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t". When I do a "sudo service httpd start", httpd runs as "unconfined_u:system_r:httpd_t".

"httpd.conf" is configured on each system to run as the user and group "apache".

With regards to Fedora 9, am I doing something wrong? Is it okay for the SELinux user to be "unconfined_u" for services?

Thanks for any advice,

Murray.