what is the point of semodule -u?

semodule supports options "-i" for install and "-u" for upgrade.  It seems
that "semodule -i" will upgrade a module, so what is the point
of "semodule -u"?  Are we assuming that a user or script that calls semodule
doesn't know what it is doing and relies on the "-u" option refusing to
install the same (or an older) version for correct results?

If so then I doubt that it will work well as I don't think that versions can
be tracked accurately with the way the code is developed (EG a new release
from a distribution vendor might have a higher version number than your local
customisation even though your local changes are more relevant for your
environment).

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog