Re: Question about XACE/X-SELinux

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 7:50 AM, T S <t_mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just want to try functionalities X-SELinux, such as prohibiting cut and
> paste.
> Since the below changelog(URL) says X-SELinux functionalities are turned off
> by default,
> I think I need to turn on at first.
> I appreciate someone tell me how to turn on.
>> http://lwn.net/Articles/283539/
>
> I am using Fedora Core9, xorg-server-Xorg-1.4.99.902-3.20080612,
> and GNOME( meaning just after FC9 and yum update).
>
> I thought X-SELinux functionalities are turned on by default in FC9,
> so I tried the below steps.
> 1) setsebool xserver_object_manager=true
> 2) insert loadable module like below. because I was expecting
> some avc logs were generated if I tried cut and paste.
>
>> policy_module(test, 1.0.0)
>> gen_require(`
>> attribute domain;
>> class x_synthetic_event { send receive };
>>')
>>auditallow domain domain:x_synthetic_event {send receive};
>
> 3) setenforce 1
> 4) reboot GNOME( init 3 and init 5)
> 5) trying cut&paste from a window to others. No avclogs are found.
> Only found "Loading extension SELinux" in /var/log/Xorg.0.org.
>
> I appreciate someone tell me what I am missing here.
>
> Regards,
>

> Need cash? Click to get an emergency loan, bad credit ok

> Get the FREE email that has everyone talking at http://www.mail2world.com
> Unlimited Email Storage ? POP3 ? Calendar ? SMS ? Translator ? Much More!

Add this to xorg.conf

Section "Extensions"
        Option     "SELinux" "Enable"
EndSection

Thr default enforcing state is Permissive.

Add this to set Enforcing state in X

Section "Module"
      SubSection "extmod"
                Option "SELinux Enforcing"
      EndSubSection
EndSection

Add this to have the X Enforcing mode track the system enforcing state

Section "Module"
      SubSection "extmod"
                Option "SELinux TrackSystem"
      EndSubSection
EndSection

xdpyinfo will tell you if the SELinux extension is enabled.