Re: rbacsep: collapsing xserver

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Christopher J. PeBenito
<cpebenito@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 11:42 -0500, Joe Nall wrote:
>> What is the driver for the derived types? User preference files in
>> their home directory?

I'm still trying to understand the need for the derived types. What
does the xserver need to do that is constrained by user role?

>> Any opinions on spitting the display manager (gdm/xdm) policy out of
>> the xserver policy? The current xserver policy is quite a bit bigger
>> than apache and several times the average policy size (te + if).
>
> You can blame me for that.  The xdm policy used to be separate before
> refpolicy, but it was so intertwined with the xserver policy that there
> wasn't a sane way to write the policies separately and still keep the
> refpolicy encapsulation.  If we collapse all xservers into xserver_t, it
> may be possible to separate xdm again.  If not, xdm will be put into a
> tunable when we get real tunable support in the compiler.

What drives the complexity/policy commingling? Or, what would have to
change to allow the policies to be separated and simplified?

joe