Re: policy package names for Debian

On Friday 28 March 2008 23:26, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you are seeking consistency with Fedora, then note that it calls the
> packages selinux-policy-targeted and selinux-policy-mls. The
> selinux-policy-strict package is gone as of Fedora 8 and later,
> obsoleted by the merge of strict and targeted policies (now one just
> maps users to confined roles via semanage login and if one truly doesn't
> want to leave anything unconfined at all, one can semodule -r
> unconfined).
>
> If on the other hand you want to track the names used by upstream
> refpolicy these days, then those would be standard, mcs, and mls.  The

Tracking upstream seems more sensible.  So that would be selinux-pol-mcs and
selinux-pol-mls (I don't think it makes sense to support "standard" in
Debian).  Or maybe just "selinux-pol" and "selinux-pol-mls" (to make it more
obvious that the "mls" one is the odd one out.

> BTW, recently noticed that semanage user -a is broken under standard
> (non-mcs/mls) policy as there is a hardcoded :s0 in seobject.py on a
> prefix context check - so that needs to be resolved.  Or we just need to
> give up on non-mcs/mls policies altogether (that would simplify life for
> applications and users - a single format for all contexts).

I think it's best to give up on policy which lacks the MLS field in the
context for everything but embedded systems.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development