RE: Getting started with SELinux and Slackware

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 20:35 +0000, Martin J. Green wrote:
> Solved the compile issues, I symlinked the libs in /lib to /usr/lib -
> but should I actually have them in /usr/lib instead? (I followed Tim
> Wood's scripts which used /lib).

Fedora has the following layout (example for libselinux, other libraries
are the same way):
/lib/libselinux.so.1 - the shared library
/usr/lib/libselinux.a - the static library
/usr/lib/libselinux.so - symlink to /lib/libselinux.so.1

> The buildscripts for slackware at http://www.firstinternetservices.com/selinux are complete & working for the base selinux packages for the new version (I'm working on userland now - will post to the same when I'm done)
>
> I take it since this is linking against sepol its probably safe to assume that the patch upstreamed into ssh is relatively up-to-date? (util-linux had a similar compile problem so the same should be true)

Look for a call to getseuserbyname() in it.

Changes that are still patches in the Fedora package against openssh
4.7p1 include:
- support for specifying desired role and level rather than always using
the user's default context,
- LSPP-related changes (MLS/audit).

Neither of which are critical unless you are specifically targeting LSPP
functionality.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency