Re: I have begun merging XWindows Controls into Rawhide.

On Tuesday 26 February 2008 07:17, Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would be fine with only having one type for the X server; this would
> certainly simplify the policy that currently has all kinds of kludgery
> to support both "xdm_" and "$1_".

With an X server being a trusted object manager the benefit of having separate
instances of the X server for various roles is greatly reduced.  Not that it
ever was a great benefit given the small number of people who used it.

In retrospect it should have been removed some time ago.

> > This comes back to forthcoming effort for trying to use RBAC for role
> > separation.  That would eliminate the structural complexity we see due
> > to using TE for the role separation
>
> Is work being done on this?  I recall you said you were interested in
> taking on this task.

Is this going to involve using roles on filesystem objects?  If not then how
would you distinguish the files created by different roles?

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development