Re: cant SSH/Console Login and no deny/error messages

Although that did produce a number of additional deny messages, even
allowing all of them, still does not allow me to login from the console
or ssh. doesn't matter if I'm root a standard user or a selinux user.

Does any one know of a simple way to get RHEL4 targeted to recognize se
users? I can't quite figure out where they are setting the default
domain transition. Like I said before, I just need to keep root away
from a few programs and a data file. I've set up a type and a user,
relabled the fs with the new types etc etc. added my user to users, it
matches the name in /etc/passwd exactly.

I think I generally understand whats going on, I think I'm just
suffering from use of an out of date tool chain.

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 14:59 -0800, Justin Mattock wrote:
> Hello I think you need to; make enableaudit in the policy. with
> selinux-policy-default the location would be /etc/selinux/src with
> refpolicy-strict I'm not too sure.
> regards;
>              --Justin P. Mattock
> On Dec 26, 2007 1:35 PM, Jeremiah Jahn <jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>         I've trying to get SELinux strict up and running on a RHEL4-U4
>         box and
>         not having much luck. I have one account and 3 programs that I
>         need to
>         protect from root. I was unable to get targeted to login under
>         the user
>         that I created, something about the policy always defaulting
>         to user_u.
>         So Fine, I tried to install the strict/ref policy from the
>         tresys and
>         cips. Dues to this being an x86_64 system, that didn't go well
>         either.
>         Trying plan C  I went with the FC3 strict policy. Obviously
>         some
>         improvemtns have been made since then, but this was the first
>         strict
>         policy I was able to install without completely hosing my
>         system. sshd
>         and login seem to really like having libselinux(64) around.
>

>         So my question here has to possible answers:
>
>         1) where the heck can I find some rpms for RHEl4 -x86_64 and
>         the most
>         recent ref policy.
>
>         --OR--
>
>         2) what could possibly be causing no [avc denied] messages to
>         be logged.
>         Most of the messages I have used with audit2allow to to try
>         and get
>         everything to work. Finally I go to the point of having no
>         more messages
>         even when rebooting the machine. If I put things into passive
>         mode
>         still no more messages, this is with constant reloading of the
>         policy to
>         clear the avc cache.
>
>         help please.
>

>         "A fractal is by definition a set for which the Hausdorff
>         Besicovitch
>         dimension strictly exceeds the topological dimension." --
>         Mandelbrot,
>         "The Fractal Geometry of Nature"

A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block
of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an
elephant.