Re: trouble with ssh in today's rawhide + refpolicy

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 09:52 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:

> >> We've seen this kind of behavior before when the
> >> get_ordered_context_list() logic fails to get any contexts from
> >> security_compute_user() that correspond with any of the partial contexts
> >> in default_contexts - it then falls back to just returning the entire
> >> reachable list.
> >
> > Ok.  For some reason I always thought it would just fail if nothing
> > worked from default_contexts.
> >
> I think that is what should happen, but it does not.

Well, two observations:
- originally default_contexts was only supposed to specify defaults, not
everything, so the system was supposed to work even if it was empty (but
we have already migrated away from that to some degree),
- if we fail entirely in that case, then we'll fail even in permissive
mode, unless the caller is also checking for permissive mode and has
some fallback behavior in that case.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency