Re: [refpolicy3 RFC] Drop suffixes?

On 3/25/2023 05:15, Russell Coker wrote:
On Saturday, 25 March 2023 05:10:10 AEDT Chris PeBenito wrote:
I am considering dropping the suffixes from users, roles, and types.
init_t would become init, user_r would become user, etc.

Even when the syntax prevents the compiler from being confused there is a
benefit to avoiding user confusion.  So having user_r:user_t change to
user:user would be bad IMHO.

22 years ago this might have been justified by reducing RAM use or something
but that doesn't apply now.  What's the motivation for this?

Since refpolicy3 is a major change, I've been reexamining past decisions. Now is the time to make significant changes.

--
Chris PeBenito