Re: obsolete policy

On 3/4/21 8:30 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
Chris, what do you think of this?

On Tuesday, 26 January 2021 22:28:34 AEDT Russell Coker wrote:
Below is the list of policy modules which seem to be obsolete.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/874147/removed-20070115-17-from-unstable/

aiccu has been removed from Debian because SixXS has been shut down and no
replacement popped up within 3 months.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1074787/removed-140pre2git141-g6d40dace6358-> 2-from-unstable/

bcf2 has been removed from Debian because py2-only; RC buggy; orphaned since
~2 years; no upstream release in ~4 years; low popcon

https://www.voip-info.org/callweaver/

callweaver is regarded as dead, and it's also a fork of Asterisk so should
probably be an addition to asterisk.fc if we were to support it.

https://www.unixarena.com/2015/12/compare-redhat-cluster-releases-rhel-7-ha-> vs-rhel-6-ha.html/
https://tracker.debian.org/news/758808/removed-318-13-from-unstable/

Red Hat Cluster Suite is obsolete and replaced by Pacemaker in RHEL7.
Therefore the "ccs", "rgmanager", "rhcs", and "ricci" policy is obsolete.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1020385/removed-025-11-from-experimental/

certmaster never even made it into Debian proper and is obsolete upstream.

certwatch never got into Debian, but I couldn't easily find the upstream
status, might be used on RHEL.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cipe/+bug/124384

cipe is dead upstream.

clockspeed seems to have gone ages ago and is dead upstream, hard to even
find google hits for it.

clogd seems to have gone away.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1241259/clvm-package-in-repo

cmirrord is part of clvm which has gone away.

https://repology.org/project/consoletype/versions
consoletype doesn't seem to be used nowadays.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dcc

dcc seems to have gone away 13 years ago.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/668558/removed-0423debian1-1-from-unstable/

ddcprobe (part of xresprobe) was hugely obsolete 7 years ago.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1152902/removed-210-2-from-unstable/
http://denyhosts.sourceforge.net/changelog.html

denyhosts was removed from Debian last year and hasn't been maintained
upstream since 2008.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/558416/removed-3102dfsg-13-from-unstable/

dspam was removed from Debian in 2014 because of lack of upstream
maintenance.

https://packages.qa.debian.org/h/howl.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-configuration_networking

howl was removed from Debian in 2005 and is described as "historical" in
Wikipedia.

imaze appears to be long obsolete, I couldn't find a reference to it newer
than 2005.

jockey appears obsolete, I can't find references to it that are newer than
2014.

ktalk seems obsolete more than 15 years ago.

https://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lockdev/news/20160107T183954Z.html

lockdev is obsolete and replaced by flock.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/385983/bug531317-removed-packages-from-unsta
ble/

mailscanner was orphaned in 2011.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/932631/removed-153dfsg-1-from-unstable/

mcelog is obsolete and has no kernel support in recent kernels.

http://www.openantivirus.org/projects.php

oav seems dead, last upstream change seems to be 2007.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/1084490/removed-111-10-from-unstable/

polipo orphaned 1.5+ years ago; python2-only; dead upstream; low popcon

https://tracker.debian.org/news/852685/removed-0815-6-from-unstable/

pyicqt removed from debian in 2017 because no upstream, no users

I made a PR that removes all of the above except for certwatch, as I found CentOS 8 packages for it, and consoletype, as I feel like I've seen it recently. I also removed the clvmd_t domain.

https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/pull/356

I'll keep this open until at least the end of next week for further comments.

--
Chris PeBenito