Re: obsolete policy

On Tuesday, 26 January 2021 10:28:34 PM AEDT Russell Coker wrote:
> For future reference I think we should we make it standard procedure to
> include the upstream URL for software related to a module in any case that
> it's non-obvious.  I could have saved at least an hour if there was a list
> of upstream URLs to check.

This was a badly written paragraph.

We should make it mandatory to include the upstream URL in the policy source
so that future maintainers know where to go to find out if it's still
maintained and to find out any other information that may be necessary.  For
some things we don't really need it (like Apache and ssh for example), but
even then it wouldn't do any harm and consistency is good when it only costs a
few bytes in the source tree.

Also my previous message wasn't a list of all the modules that might be
removed.  There were a bunch that were Red Hat things with an unclear status
and it was easier to just disable them for the Debian build and let someone
else worry about what Red Hat is doing.