Re: block msn

Hi Sergio,

The former version of MS-Messenger used to connect through a specific port
(1863), but newer versions don't have a specific port and can pass through the
port 80( such as a ordinary HTTP Connection), this way is difficult to differ a
simple http packet from a messenger packet.
I have solved this kind of problem through the squid.
Do you use squid in your network??? If yes, you can use the squid url_regex
option and deny the connection to the Messenger central gateway(
gateway.messenger.hotmail.com).

Regards

Lucas Albuquerque