configure syslog informations

Hello people!

I'va got a "small" problem:

my e-mail server works with 400+ users, and they all send an average
number
of 50 messages/day.

The problem: the POP connections (via tcpd) are overloading the server,
for
Syslog uses over 90% of the CPU's processing power, causing Sendmail to
shift its status to:  sendmail: rejecting  connections: load average
13..."
How do I avoid the registering of those POP connection logs in the
server?

Thank you all.

Sergio Alves de Lima Jr.
sergio@gruponet.com.br