Re: Making ps secure

A rootkit is something that script kiddies of Crackers deposit on a
machine after comromising it.  It is easier to think as altered versions
of the rm, ps and other utils.  However to accomplish this requires some
C programming skills--just download the source code and reprogram in
checks to the GNU tools to make them behave as you want, then recompile
the tools.  (rootkits are a bad thing, but they use the same idea-when
you run ps -auxf they hide the apps that the cracker deposited on your
system so it looks like nothing is wrong)

Dave Blomberg
Nihon libertec